This article contains information about widgets
Appearance ▸ Customize ▸ Widgets
Themes uses 3 sidebars: Footer Sidebar, Post Sidebar, Page Sidebar. Sidebars are the narrow columns to the left or right of your blog posts. Each section in the sidebar is known as a "Widget" that you can add or remove, and move up or down.
You configure Widgets in your sidebar by via this Widgets menu. Although you can configure Widgets via Appearance ▸ Widgets, you can see your changes in live preview of this Customizer.
Configuring Your Widgets
- Click the Widget menu in the Theme Customizer to access to the Widget Customize Screen.
- Click the Widget Area to list the already registered Widgets.
- Click Add a Widget button at the bottom of sidebar. It shows the list of available widgets.
- Click a widget you want to add. The widgets should be added in the sidebar.
- Preview your site and you should see the content from your new Widget.
- To arrange the Widgets within the Sidebar, drag and drop the widgets in the order you want or click Reorder link and click up arrow and down allow of each widget and click Done after the arrange operation.
- To customize the Widget features, click the down arrow in the right to expand the Widget's interface.
- To remove the widget, click Remove from Widget's interface in above step.